Wednesday, October 6, 2010

But where to?


Isn't it funny how always look back thinging of happy times? Last night i was looking at old photos, of family, friends, school days, and reminiscing of my life past.  I realized that during each of those phases- middle school, summers between school, high school, work- that each one had times where I felt I was unhappy and that life couldn't get more unhappy than that.  Then I'd think back to a time even before that.

But this all made me think of something else too.  My parents have been divorced pretty much my entire life; so much so,that I don't remember a time where they were together, or even in the same room, happy.  On our weekends, we rotated whose house we were visiting and who's custody we were in.  Every Friday night, we'd dread going to our grandparents, or even my Dad's.  My sisters and I rarely got along, but this was one thing we always agreed: on Fridays, we never wanted to leave our Mom's house.

The interesting part was that no matter what- come Sunday, when it was time to leave, we dreaded packing.  Time is so interesting, and we, fickle.  Albert Einstein was right about relativity- time is all relative. An hour can feel like a lifetime when it's the last hour of your day, but when it's your hour lunch break, it flies by. 

I guess the point is, appreciate time for what it is. Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment