Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Losing Faith

So newest lesson: Along the way there will be times and events that cause you to lose faith. I guess this could be true for life, and a company.

For the day in question, I did everything I could for a member- but that's just it.  What i could do was not much, and what's worse is it took a toll on my heart.  I mean, literally, I know there are some cases where there's nothing in management I can do and my hands are tied.  But what's the point of management if that's the case?  And in a case where you have a 20-year member, we as a company have rewarded him with what? A card with tiny words saying that? His years of loyalty literally didn't pay off.  I know a company needs to stand by its policies to maintain a profit... but some profits aren't measured financially.

And in these times of economic hardship, companies should value its members, shouldn't it?

Another example, a member who had a motorcycle but didn't have the proper coverage.  He'd been with our company for over ten years.  Again, it could be seen as 'not our fault' or even that he chose not to properly cover his vehicle. 

But really, has loyalty come down to faults and bad decisions? Has it been outweighted by dollar signs and profits?

The question weighing so heavily here is, what's more important:
Loyalty or Policy?

No comments:

Post a Comment